As our digital dependency increases, so does the time we spend in front of screens. Whether for work, education, or leisure activities like watching television or using smartphones, our daily exposure to blue light poses risks to our eye health. Common problems such as eye fatigue, eye strain, sleep disturbances, and other eye-related concerns have become prevalent.
Blue light, emitted predominantly by our device screens, closely resembles the frequency of harmful UV rays. With its short wavelength, blue light easily penetrates through our eyes, including the cornea and lens, potentially causing damage to the light-sensitive cells in our retina. By utilising blue comfort lenses, you can safeguard your eyes from blue light rays, promoting their health. These lenses provide enhanced visual comfort, relaxation, improved contrast perception, and better overall vision when using digital devices in your daily life.
Benefits of blue comfort lens coatings include:
- Can easily be applied as a coating to prescription lenses
- Reducing the amount of blue light entering your eyes every time you use digital devices and reduce eye fatigue, eye strain, rubbing, dry eyes, and other eye concerns
- Light, especially blue light, can trigger migraines and worsen headaches, so wearing Blue Comfort glasses may help support headache and migraine prevention
- Blue Comfort lenses can support your natural circadian rhythm and improve your overall quality of sleep, with a study showing promising results for those with insomnia. In the same way a walk outside in the sunlight can help you feel alert because of the natural blue light, spending time on a screen before bed with artificial blue can also make you feel alert, disrupting your sleep. In this way, a blue comfort coating may help support sleep.
- Working to support your eyes in both indoor and outdoor settings
To learn more about how blue comfort lens coatings work and if it could be right for you, contact one of your nearest store team here.