As photochromic lenses darken in response to detecting UV rays, they help protect your eyes even on overcast days where harmful UV rays still penetrate through the clouds. There are a wide range of lens types that can have a photochromic coating applied, with the final product looking like a normal pair of eyeglasses when examined indoors, a feature that separates them from polarised glasses that have a consistent tint in all conditions.
The benefits of having a photochromic lens includes:
- Eliminating the need for putting on separate indoor glasses and sunglasses when you move from inside and outside, or even when driving in ever-changing weather and lighting conditions
- They react to light very quickly, without a thought
- They provide daily protection against harmful UV rays, by absorbing 100% of both UVA and UVB rays
- They provide greater comfort than standard glasses by reducing eye strain, squinting and glare in the sun
- The lens coating can be applied to most prescription glasses, allowing you to see clearly in all lighting conditions
To learn more about photochromic lenses or to see if this lens can be applied to your prescription glasses, contact one of our store teams here.