Traditionally, lenses prescribed to help those with far-sightedess or astigmatism were thick and bulky - as the stronger the prescription of the lens, the thicker and heavier the lens needed to be to achieve the function. Unfortunately, as a result, thick lenses could reduce comfort, distort appearances, and limit the choice of suitable frames to match the thickness at the outer edge of the lens.
High-index lenses utilise the latest technological advancements to bend light more efficiently, requiring far less lens thickness, and so produce a much slimmer and lighter lens. This makes them more comfortable for daily use, while improving their aesthetics.
The benefits of high-index, slim and light lenses include:
- Being up to 40% thinner and lighter than standard lenses
- Reducing the extent of eye distortion that can result from thicker glasses with a stronger prescription, improving your overall vision and clarity
- Being fitted to a large range of delicate, frameless or fashion frames to suit your preference
- Being made from scratch-resistant materials to help extend their durability
- Having the option to add an anti-glare UV protection coatings to best support your eyes
To find out more about if high-index lenses are right for you, contact one of your nearest store here.