Types of Contact Lenses
We provide a wide range of contact lens types to accommodate our clients' diverse needs and lifestyles. Your eye care professional will explain these options during your consultation, which may include:
- Daily disposable lenses: Ideal for travel and allergy sufferers, as they offer a fresh lens every day with no need for cleaning solutions.
- Monthly disposable lenses: Can be worn daily for up to a month, providing value with only 12 pairs needed per year.
- Continuous wear lenses: Can be reused for an extended period, offering convenience.
- Bifocal or multifocal contact lenses: Allow for different prescriptions within one lens, enabling quick switching between near and distant vision.
- Toric contact lenses: Designed for astigmatism cases where the eye's lens is slightly oval-shaped.
- Silicone hydrogel lenses: Can be worn throughout the day and night without removal during sleep.
- Colored lenses: Enhance the natural beauty of your eyes with depth and definition or allow you to experiment with various colors.
Contact Lens Consultation: What to Expect
- Eye Examination: To determine the best prescription for your lenses, an eye examination is necessary. Your optometrist will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to assess your vision and identify the right contact lens for your needs. Your contact lens prescription may differ from your glasses prescription, requiring a separate assessment.
- Lifestyle Preferences: Your optometrist will consider your lifestyle and preferences when recommending suitable contact lens options. Factors such as activity level and travel frequency will be taken into account.
- Measurements: Various measurements will be taken, including the curvature of your cornea, where the contact lens sits. Pupil and iris size may also be measured.
- Tear Film Evaluation: If you experience dry eyes, a tear film evaluation may be performed to ensure you are prescribed lenses that keep your eyes moisturized.
- Hygiene: During your appointment, we will provide guidance on hygienic contact lens use and care to support the health and comfort of your eyes.
Our team understands the significance of wearing contact lenses to our clients, and we dedicate ample time and care to help you find the best lenses for your needs.
To learn more about the benefits of contact lenses or to schedule an appointment to find the ideal lens style for you, please contact us here.